ESTeSL - Lisbon School of Health Technology has Degree Programmes* (4 years – 240 ECTS) in the area of Health Technologies:
- Biomedical Laboratory Sciences
- Clinical Physiology
- Dietetics and Nutrition
- Environmental Health
- Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy
- Prosthetists and orthotists
* The language of instruction is Portuguese. In some cases we could offer internship and tutorials in English. Please check with us - email@example.com
Documents to be filled and send by mail to International Relations Office Address
- Application Form
- Learning Agreement
- Official Transcript of Records from home University
Incoming students on arrival must have the following necessary documents
- 4 passport-size colour photos
- Identification Card for citizens of the European Union and associated countries or valid passport for citizens of all other countries.
- European Health Card or Valid Medical Insurance
For non-European citizens, there are several insurance companies that offer international health insurance, which must be active before the arrival in Portugal. The Global Health Insurance compare offers from multiple providers worldwide.
ESTeSL doesn’t provide accommodation for incoming students, but will inform of several housing options, ex. private residences and student hostels.
Portuguese Language Courses
To the Incoming Erasmus students is offered the possibility of attending a Portuguese Basic Language Course, in Escola Superior de Educação, school member of Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa.
The course is free of charges and will work on the 1st semester of academic year to 1st semester Erasmus students; and on 2nd semester of academic year for 2nd semester Erasmus students.
Dates and Schedule of the course to be announced in due time.
Emergency wards are open 24 hours a day at the main Lisbon hospitals and the hospitals of all the district capitals. If you are unable to travel to the emergency ward by yourself, call 112 (National Emergency Number) for an ambulance. Small rural and coastal regions have health centers with service from 8:00 to 20:00.
If you exhibit poisoning symptoms, call the poison information hotline for help. Poisoning: Tel: (351) 21795014.
SOS – National Emergency Number: 112
Regular pharmacy hours are from 9:30 to 13:00 and 15:00 to 19:00.
Emergency pharmacies are also open after-hours in various neighborhoods of every district. Each pharmacy posts a daily list of the names and addresses of the closest emergency pharmacies. Newspapers also provide a list of emergency pharmacies or you can call the emergency pharmacies hotline.
You’ll find examples of all types of European art in Portugal:
- Romantic (in Coimbra, Braga, Évora, Porto)
- Gothic (in Alcobaça, Batalha)
- Renaissance (in Coimbra, Estremoz, Lisbon, Évora)
- Baroque (in Lisbon and especially Porto).
- Manueline art is an artistic legacy from the age of the Portuguese Discoveries of the 16th century. Points of interest include the Imperfect Chapels (Batalha Monastery), the Window of the Convent of Christ in Tomar, the Convent of Jesus in Setúbal, the Church of the People in Caldas da Rainha, and the Jerónimos Monastery in Lisbon.
- Portuguese art has its own specific characteristics that are worth discovering, such as Manueline and Azulejo ceramic tile art.