Application for H&TRC as host institution – IV Individual Scientific Employment Stimulus
The Health and Technology Research Center (H&TRC) is welcoming applications for six-year research contracts to PhD-holders, acting as host institution in the framework of the fourth edition of the Individual Scientific Employment Stimulus Call, funded by FCT – Foundation for Science and Technology.
The H&TRC was founded in 2016 and has been ranked as Good in the latest R&D unit evaluation by the FCT in 2018. It is composed in its majority by full time professors from Lisbon's School for Health and Technology and it shares its infrastructures with the latter.
The core research is focused on the study of determinants of human health, disease and well-being and associated factors (environmental, nutritional, lifestyle and genetics), as well as the development of technologies that improve diagnostic and therapeutic approaches. The H&TRC is collaborative and proponent partner in national and international consortiums able to obtain highly competitive European funding in the form of research projects.
The resulting work has been of excellent quality, proven by publication in international journals with high impact factor, in addition to engaging activity for the community and general public. This is made possible through the integration of researchers with diverse background, from health sciences to natural and social sciences, organized in four main research areas: Genetics and Metabolism, Environment and Health, Gerontology and Geriatric Health, Radiation and Health.
Working in the H&TRC
The applicants will find a very recent research centre integrated in the Lisbon Polytechnic Institute, with a core nucleus of young researchers that are yearly awarded funding for projects, being able to drive research forward towards new challenges. As a result of a small number of members (close to 60 in total), close knowledge, competitiveness and collaborations are frequent, allowing the development of new and innovative projects, career progression and easy integration with the team.
How to apply
To apply, please send us the following documents and information:
- A summary of the work plan (in English; max. 5000 characters) and expected outcomes (max. 2000 characters);
- The applicable researcher contract level (Junior/Assistant/Principal/Coordinator);
- A detailed Curriculum vitae, highlighting main publications and funding submission track record;
- A motivation letter explaining your trajectory in the last five years and explaining the relevance of your achievements (max. 5000 characters);
- A brief explanation on how the research plan can be integrated into the H&TRC existing structure and research groups (max. 800 characters);
- One copy of the five most relevant publications.
Please submit your application material via email until the 5th February, with the subject ApplicantName_IVCEEC_ProjectName, to Luís André Mendes (email@example.com) and a carbon copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.